Elizabeth Smith: Partner, Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives and Head of the Clinical Negligence Department.
Elizabeth is a member of the Law Society’s Clinical Negligence Specialist Panel.
Elizabeth is a Senior Litigator of APIL (Association of Personal Injury Lawyers) and is also an APIL accredited clinical negligence specialist.
Elizabeth has acted exclusively for Claimant’s in clinical negligence litigation since 2003.
Elizabeth has a varied interest in all clinical negligence claims specialising in wrongful birth claims, oncology claims and catastrophic injuries involving child and adult brain injury claims and spinal injury claims.
Elizabeth has successfully investigated and obtained compensation for a large number of clients and has achieved many multi-million pound settlements.
Elizabeth has previously investigated or is currently investigating Cerebral Palsy Claims involving failures and/or delays in diagnosing and/or treating the following medical conditions:-
- Intrapartum (during labour and delivery) hypoxia/asphyxia including cases of chronic partial asphyxia and acute near total asphyxia
- Cardiac problems (congenital heart defects)
- Infection (maternal and/or external)
- Group B Streptococcus
Elizabeth has previously investigated or is currently investigating Brain Injury Claims involving failures and/or delays in diagnosing and/or treating the following medical conditions:-
- Brain tumours
- Cardiac arrest (resulting in hypoxia/asphyxia)
- Subarachnoid haemorrhage
- Subdural and other haemorrhages (sustained after falls striking head)