The Encephalitis Society is the only organisation of its kind in the world dedicated to supporting people affected by encephalitis and professionals involved in their care by:
- providing a Helpline (phone, Skype and email ) for people affected, their families and carers
- producing evidence-based information on all aspects of the condition in printed, electronic, video and audio formats
- creating opportunities for people affected (adults and children) and their families to learn, have fun and share experiences
- raising awareness about the condition and its subsequent problems among relevant professionals, statutory agencies and the general public
- conducting research and working in partnership with other researchers and their establishments
- organising competitions and seminars on encephalitis and its consequences for students and qualified professionals.