7 Bury Road
Areas of Expertise
|Financial Deputyships||Health & welfare deputyships||Expert witness statements (costs)||Local authority care services & funding|
|NHS care funding||SEN applications & appeals||Estate planning & trusts||Completion of tax returns for deputy clients|
|Court of Protection Panel of Deputies||STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners)||Solicitors for the Elderly (team)|
About Ashtons Legal
We specialise in helping brain injury sufferers to get their lives back on track and have been recognised for the past 15 years by the national independent guides, Chambers UK and the Legal 500, as a leading injury firm.
We are passionate about what we do, always aiming to ensure that our clients get not only the best compensation package but also early admission of fault, and payments on account to help with the costs of rehabilitation and care. We have been working with 60 brain injured clients in the past year, and have obtained settlements of over £1m for 14 of them.
We develop close working relationships with our clients, visiting them at home or in hospital, liaising on their behalf with organisations such as rehabilitation providers, and seeking every opportunity to improve their quality of life.
Our experience covers many types of brain injury claim including: cerebral palsy; lack of oxygen during anaesthesia; failure to diagnose meningitis, injuries sustained in the workplace; and injuries caused to both adults and children in car, motorbike and cycle incidents.
7 Bury Road
About Adrian Mundell
Adrian is Head of the Court of Protection team. He joined the firm in 1998 and set up the Court of Protection Team to provide a service to clients who were in receipt of a damages award, in the ongoing management of their affairs.
The team is one of only a few in the country that specialise in the management of the affairs of clients who are in the process of making a claim or have received a damages award from an injury claim. The team is also involved in providing a service to clients who are not able to manage their affairs through age related illnesses.
Based at our Thetford office, Adrian is an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers and previously worked for a major high street bank.
His expertise is recognised in the leading legal directories:
- Court of Protection expert Adrian Mundell ‘provides excellent support in stressful situations' - Legal 500
- Department head Adrian Mundell, of Ashton KCJ, "is very hands-on, and able to advise and support clients in what can be very stressful situations," note sources. He acts as deputy for a number of incapacitated individuals in receipt of personal injury payments. - Chambers & Partners
- Court of Protection expert Adrian Mundell is ‘organised and methodical’. - Legal 500
- Adrian Mundell in the Court of Protection team is “very knowledgeable, reliable, dedicated and thorough, and provides exceptional service” - Legal 500
- Adrian Mundell of Ashton KCJ earns significant warm praise identifying him as "an approachable, determined individual to whom people warm very quickly." - Chambers & Partners