1 Georges Square
Areas of Expertise
|Health & welfare deputyships
|Expert witness statements (costs)
|Local authority care services & funding
|NHS care funding
|SEN applications & appeals
|Estate planning & trusts
|Completion of tax returns for deputy clients
|Court of Protection Panel of Deputies
|STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners)
|Solicitors for the Elderly (team)
About Clarke Willmott
Our Court of Protection (CoP) team, led by Anthony Fairweather, has an exceptional reputation for providing support to families having to make important decisions for a vulnerable person.
- Act as professional deputy.
- Advise on all aspects of being a deputy – including employing carers, buying and adapting property and identifying appropriate therapeutic support.
- Understand that the support may be welcome but also an imposition and aim to make the role as unobtrusive as possible - supporting you wherever we can.
- Responsive: our aim is to deal with requests and queries on the same day but at the latest within 24 hours.
- Efficient and cost effective: we work with an eye to keeping costs down wherever possible.
- Supportive and inclusive: we take time to get to know our clients supporting them in a way that works for them.
- Happy for you to talk to families we work for so you can see what they say about us.
1 Georges Square
About Anthony Fairweather
Anthony Fairweather is a deputy for many brain injured clients. He heads up our Court of Protection team and is also a Managing Director of the firm.
Anthony is a member of the Office of the Public Guardian (OPG) panel of professional deputies and deputy for over 200 individuals. He is also an OPG panel guardian for proceedings brought under the Guardianship (Missing Persons) Act 2017.
Ranked as a Leading Individual by Legal 500 for his CoP expertise, Anthony heads up the team which works with families, case managers and local authorities to ensure that the financial affairs of individuals lacking the requisite decision-making capacity are properly managed.
Anthony is an accredited Law Society mediator; a Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP) and holds the Certificate in Financial Planning and CF8 Long Term Care. In addition to those services identified in the team profile above, Anthony can:
- Manage high value personal injury awards arising from complex catastrophic injury and clinical negligence cases.
- Act as an expert in personal injury litigation in relation to deputyship costs.
- Deal with international CoP matters; e.g. if clients have foreign assets or need assistance dealing with foreign legal or financial institutions.