Another Brain Injury Group brain injury training event with a FREE first place for our members
Our popular child brain injury training event returns with an all-new agenda. Featuring a diverse range of topics to enhance the knowledge and understanding of brain injury in children.
Who is the Child Brain Injuries training event for?
Catastrophic injury lawyers (claimant and defendant), case managers, therapists and other professionals who support those who are affected by brain injury.
Accredited by APIL Training (Litigator/Senior Litigation 5 CPD Hours).
Delegates at our brain injury training events have commented:
- Excellent training on a very specific and relevant issue to our work
- Very interesting with excellent, knowledgeable speakers
- Informative, interesting – very well run course. Experts were specialists in their field and made the seminar very interesting.
- “I enjoyed it and found it very useful.”
- “Excellent session, really interesting and helpful…thank you”
- “Really interesting subject matter, excellently presented (very inspiring clinician), assisted my understanding of neuropsychological testing”
Agenda for this Child Brain Injuries training event
– Care and support in child brain injury cases
Rhiannon Stokes, Stokes Case Management
Care and support issues differ greatly between child brain injury cases and adult brain injury cases. This session will discuss some key matters to be considered.
– Impact on siblings
Louise Wilkinson, Child Brain Injury Trust
This session will focus on the impact on siblings of a child in the family, where a child has suffered an acquired brain injury, both traumatic and nontraumatic injury and how to support the family and ensure relationships stay healthy.
– Brain injury and related spinal injuries
Mr Naveen Kumar, Robert Jones & Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
This session will look at: spinal consequences of a brain injury; cause, impact, treatment and prognosis; spasticity and scoliosis; advances in treatment
– Considerations when running a child brain injury case
Satinder Hunjan QC, Kings Chambers & 4-5 Gray’s Inn Square
In this session Satinder Hunjan QC will share his knowledge and experience of running child brain injury cases.
– Epilepsy after ABI in children and young people
Dr David McCormick, King’s College Hospital
This session will provide information about epilepsy in children with a brain injury, treatments available and long term outcomes.
– Children, the internet and social media
Professor Andy Phippen, Bournemouth University
For younger generations, interacting with their peers online is now a way of life. The internet has many benefits, but it can also be a dangerous place. What are the real risks and how do we protect children, whilst also allowing them freedom online?
Child Brain Injuries training event pricing
- Member law firms and full associate members first place free
- Member law firm additional places £105 + VAT
- Member case managers/therapists/rehab £105 + VAT
- All other delegates £210 + VAT
Price includes refreshments, lunch and course materials which will be available via download only.
Accredited by APIL Training (Litigator/Senior Litigation 5 CPD Hours)
For more information on Child Brain Injuries training event
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us on 0800 612 9660; or
- for a closer look at the agenda and booking information, view our Brain Injury Group – Child Brain Injuries training event flyer
Brain Injury Group brain injury Child Brain Injuries training event Sponsors
With thanks to Partners in Costs Ltd – joint sponsors of this Child Brain Injuries training event
Partners in Costs (PIC) are civil litigation costs specialists who specialise in catastrophic injury claims, specifically brain and spinal injuries. They also have teams who specialise in clinical negligence, personal injury, professional negligence and commercial litigation.
PIC understand the need for costs to be dealt with as quickly as possible. With an emphasis on quality and turn-around, they provide timely, strategic solutions with a personal touch, whilst achieving maximum costs recovery for our clients.
With thanks to Spotlight Children Services – joint sponsors of this Child Brain Injuries training event
Spotlight Children Services provide Immediate Needs Assessments and Paediatric Case Management for children and young adults with Acquired/Traumatic Brain Injuries.
Bringing a wealth of experience working with clients with Cerebral Palsy, Epilepsy, Complex Care Needs, Learning Disabilities, Challenging Behaviour and much more. Spotlight’s child first – disability second ethos ensures children receive the best possible rehabilitation, support and care.