This conference focuses on implementing the 2018 NICE Guidance on Decision Making and Mental Capacity and improving the implementation of the Mental Capacity Act in Practice in line with the new recommendations. The Guideline is current in Draft form and is due to be published in its final form in May 2018.
This conference will enable you to:
- Network with colleagues who are working to improve MCA implementation in practice
- Understand the national context and implications of the new NICE guidance
- Develop your skills in supporting people to make their own decisions where they have the capacity to do so
- Understand how to effectively keep people who lack capacity at the centre of the decision-making process
- Improve your understanding of the legal framework including the Law Commission’s proposals for the new system of Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- Meet the new standards with mental capacity assessments
- Improve your skills in Best Interests Assessment under the New NICE Guidance
- Improve advance care planning practice including condition specific care planning
- Ensure adherence and monitoring against the new standards in your service
- Self assess and reflect on your own practice
£365 + VAT for health and social care organisations and universities
£300 + VAT for voluntary sector / charities
£495 + VAT for commercial organisations
Discounts are available. See booking form for details.