Brain Injury Group was established in 2011 to provide a gateway to information, services and advice for people affected by brain injury, their families and carers.
Our dedicated brain injury lawyers and other specialist support services have helped numerous individuals and families to access legal, welfare and statutory funding help and many other services. Initial no-obligation advice is provided free of charge by our members.
Our Services A-Z provides a comprehensive range of services and goods, both for the individual and for lawyers working within the field of brain injury, including case managers, care in the home, residential rehabilitation facilities, business to business services and brain injury expert report providers.
All our law firm members go through a robust application process and must be able to demonstrate particular expertise and experience in brain injury litigation. They should also be able to show that they are involved in the promotion of brain injury awareness and the development of brain injury support services in their local community. Many of them are active members of regional support groups and charities.
Being a law firm member of the Brain Injury Group provides you with a host of benefits, including:
- Profiles for up to 6 offices in the ‘Find a Solicitor’ section of our website, with up to 4 specialist lawyer profiles for each office;
- Entries in the Legal Services section of the BIG Directory, for all private client areas of law delivered by your firm;
- 1 free place at all APIL accredited training days, with subsidised additional places;
- Free access to our APIL accredited webinars and unlimited access to the recordings thereof;
- Unlimited use of our in-house training programme – a selection of one hour sessions delivered by our associate members, at your offices, at a time to suit your team;
- Participation in our Legal & Welfare Service (LAWS) on-site where opportunities arise. LAWS is a free, no-obligation service for individuals, their families, and the health care professionals who support them, provided at selected neuro-rehabilitation facilities across the UK, enabling access to initial free advice on a range of legal, financial and welfare issue;
- Access to free and discounted associate member services to support your clients, their cases and your firm;
- GroupTalk, our members’ newsletter, delivered electronically to all your nominated fee earners.
Additional opportunities are available for those law firm members who wish to enhance their membership, which include:
- Membership of our Court of Protection panel, subject to meeting qualifying criteria;
- Membership of our Education group;
- Membership of our Employment panel;
- Run our Road Safety Week competition with your local school(s);
Interested in joining?
To find out more about law firm or associate membership, visit our page Join the Group