Membership of the Brain Injury Group comprises two groups – our law firm members who have to meet our strict joining criteria to ensure they truly are experts in assisting clients with a brain injury and associate members who are brought on board to enhance the service our law firm members can provide to their clients.
For the most up-to-date information, including current membership fees, email email@example.com
Law firm membership of Brain Injury Group
Brain Injury Group positions itself in the marketplace as providing access to experts in their field. Law firm membership of Brain Injury Group is therefore only open to firms who can meet the majority of our membership criteria:
- Included in the current edition of the Headway Head Injury Solicitors List.
- Has at least 1 partner/member included in the Law Society Personal Injury Panel.
- Has at least 1 partner/member able to demonstrate particular expertise and experience in brain injury litigation.
- Have had at least 2 cases in the last 2 years which were referred to the Court for approval because the Claimant was a protected person, due to lack of mental capacity.
- Able to show that they have at least 5 brain injury cases underway where the projected settlement value is like to be £500,000 or more and at least 2 of those 5 cases have a projected value in excess of £1,000,000.
The firm should be able to demonstrate they are involved in the promotion of awareness of brain injury and the development of brain injury services in their local community (for example by way of active involvement with their local Headway or similar Charity/organisation).
Annual membership will give you:
- Profiles for up to 6 offices in the ‘Find a Solicitor’ section of the website with up to 4 featured solicitors at each office;
- Entries in the Legal Services section of the BIG Directory, for all private client areas of law delivered by your firm;
- 1 free place at all APIL Accredited training days, with subsidised additional places;
- Unlimited access to our live webinars and on-demand webinars, accredited by APIL Training, on a vast range of brain injury topics delivered by experts in their field;
- Unlimited use of the in-house training programme – a selection of one hour sessions delivered by our associate members, at your offices, at a time to suit your team;
- Participation in LAWS on-line and LAWS on-site where opportunities arise. LAWS (Legal & Welfare Service) is a free, no-obligation service for individuals, their families, and the health care professionals who support them, providing access to initial advice on a range of legal, financial and welfare issues, including, but not limited to:
- mental capacity
- personal finances
- Court of Protection
- personal injury, clinical negligence and criminal injury compensation claims
- matrimonial and family matters
- care or treatment issues
The on-site service is provided at neuro-rehabilitation facilities across the UK with members attending on a regular basis to provide drop in sessions. It can also be accessed via telephone and dedicated email;
- Access to free and discounted associate member services to support your clients, their cases and your firm;
- GroupTalk, our members’ newsletter, delivered electronically to all your nominated fee earners (unlimited).
Additional opportunities are available for those members who wish to enhance their membership, which will include (additional charges apply):
- Membership of our Court of Protection panel, subject to meeting qualifying criteria;
- Membership of our Education Group;
- Work in conjunction with members to develop new LAWS sites;
- Run our Road Safety Week competition with your local school(s).
Associate membership of Brain Injury Group is open to any individual or company who provides services relevant to catastrophic injury and clinical negligence lawyers who bring claims on behalf of brain-injured individuals.
This can include (but is not limited to):
- independent financial and welfare benefit advisers,
- medico legal experts,
- case managers,
- those involved in adapting properties,
- cost lawyers,
- ATE providers,
- rehabilitation facilities and experts,
- mental capacity assessors,
Benefits of joining Brain Injury Group
- Listing within our Member Services section of the website to include profile pages for associate members promoting their services and staff.;
- Enhanced listing within all relevant categories of our A-Z Directory of Services.
- Opportunity to provide articles and content for our website, which will be promoted via Grouptalk (or internal member-only newsletter), LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook;
- One free delegate place at each of our training days with additional places available at a subsidised rate;
- Unlimited access to our live and on demand webinars;
- Deliver free one-hour training sessions to our member law firms, at their offices or via video call, giving you the chance to meet the team face to face;
- Promote your services via our bi-monthly Grouptalk newsletter which is distributed electronically to all member law firms and associate members.
Additional opportunities will be available for those members who wish to enhance their membership, which will include sponsorship of (additional charges apply):
- training days;
- Banner ads in our online directory;
- Road Safety Week;
- Court of Protection panel;
- Charity golf day.
Case Manager Membership
Case manager membership of Brain Injury Group is open to any individual or company who provides case management services, specialising in brain injured clients.
Benefits of joining Brain Injury Group Case Manager Membership
Case manager annual membership includes:
- Enhanced listing with banner ad, in our A-Z directory (artwork for banner ad to be provided to us by case manager);
- 1 delegate place at one BIG training day during the period of membership;
- 1 half page advert in a delegate pack at one BIG training day during the period of membership;
- Opportunity to contribute unique articles to our popular website. Articles are promoted throughout our social media platforms;
- Free access for at least one attendee at BIG live webinars and unlimited access to recorded webinars during your membership year (further attendee places at live webinars subject to availability).
How to join Brain Injury Group
If you wish to apply for membership of Brain Injury Group or would like to discuss becoming a member please do not hesitate to contact Sally Dunscombe (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Julie McCarthy (email@example.com).