Being the carer of someone with a brain or head injury can be tough.
Besides the support of a professional team, you may also want to speak to other people directly affected by a brain injury in the family.
Emotional support from brain injury charities
- We work closely with Brain Injury is BIG (B.I.G.), a registered charity for the family members of people with severe brain injuries. They have a website, an online discussion forum and a telephone helpline so that connecting with someone who knows exactly what you’re going through is never too far away.
- If you have a child who is affected by brain injury, leading children’s charity The Children’s Trust also has an online support forum that you can access through their website.
Brain injury is BIG
The Children’s Trust Brain Injury Hub
Additional sources of emotional support
- You can find details of several brain and head injury support groups and charities here.
- The BIG Directory has a comprehensive list of charities and support groups for those affected by brain injuries
How can the Brain Injury Group help you?
If you’ve been affected by brain injury and need free legal or welfare advice, there are several ways to get in touch:
- Call us on 0800 612 9660 or 01737 852203
- Email us at email@example.com
- Complete this short enquiry form and we’ll get back to you