14 The Stables
Newby Hall, Ripon
North Yorkshire. HG4 5AE
For 30 years Reach has offered a unique hands-on neurological rehabilitation service for brain injured adults and children within their own homes and local community. Our individually tailored programmes are designed and carried out by experienced Neuro-Occupational Therapists to meet the client’s needs and abilities. We specialise in goal focussed, time-limited rehabilitation programmes for the clients and their families across the UK.
Reach add value by providing timely rehabilitation packages which increases quality of life. Rehabilitation offers the optimal potential for the client to regain their role as a parent, return to work or start training in new skills. Reach rehabilitation programmes demonstrate excellent outcomes and are time-limited with defined costs.
What We Don’t Do! – We are not case managers, nor do we provide support or care services.
Types of Service
Our home-based rehabilitation programmes can be designed to address all types of TBI from severe traumatic to post concussive syndrome (PCS) and mild head trauma. They are structured to support neuro-plasticity and reinforce the use of rehabilitation strategies and techniques in the client’s daily lives.
- Assessment – Reach provide assessment services commensurate with the potential level of injury. For mild injuries a brief screening tool will be administered remotely while a full face-to-face assessment may be required for moderate and severe TBI clients. The later includes neuro psychology, neuro OT and rehab prediction assessments giving an extensive baseline for treatment.
- Headlight Head Trauma Triage – This is a unique remote head trauma triage service designed to identify the consequences of minor head injury which might otherwise be overlooked and later develop into significant problems. The Headlight service gives lawyers, claims handlers and case managers accurate information at an early stage which enables them to take the best possible action for their client as early in the claims process as possible. The sooner an accurate assessment is made the better the clinical outcomes for the patient.
- PCS Assessment and Treatment – Reach’s PCS assessments establish a patient’s symptoms to identify the true extent of an injury. This then informs the level of intervention necessary and any onward referrals or treatments. Where required Reach will carry out a short, time limited programme to assist the client overcome their symptoms which may include fatigue, memory and organisation problems.
- TBI Rehabilitation –Following the assessment of severe head trauma a rehabilitation programme tailored to the client’s needs will be designed by one of our Senior Programme Managers. On a daily or weekly basis, input ranges from 2-10 hours/week and will be overseen by a Neuro-OT who will help the client practice the strategies identified to address their deficits. Progress is directed/assessed fortnightly and reports provided 8 weekly.
- Reach also work with clients suffering from Long Covid and Sports related concussion.
“We empower our patients. We teach them the right strategies to maximise their independence, giving them the confidence to attain their goals and return to work.”
Heather Batey, Managing Director