The Old Sweet Shop
68 Mill St
Dr Moore is a Consultant Neuropsychologist and a Clinical Psychologist. He is Health Care Professions Council registered and has fifteen years experience working in Clinical Psychology in the NHS.
He has a degree in psychology, post graduate qualifications in mental health and psychotherapy, a doctorate in clinical psychology and a post doctorate qualification in Clinical Neuropsychology.
His work includes leading an acquired brain injury and stroke service in North Devon and experience of inpatient and community neuro-rehabilitation services in Exeter.
He was appointed as a Consultant Neuropsychologist at the Royal Devon and Exeter hospital on a randomised controlled trial for medication aiming to delay mild cognitive impairment.
He has taught the doctoral trainee Clinical Psychologists at both Exeter University and Plymouth University, and recently also became a ‘special medical visitor’ on behalf of the Lord Chancellor for the Court of Protection.
His specialist neuropsychology role means that he regularly assesses patients with cognitive impairment for the purposes of medical-legal matters. He produces approximately 50-60 expert witness neuropsychological reports per year for claimant and defence.
About Dr Moore
- Flexible UK wide expert witness coverage for neuropsychological assessment of brain injury.
- Experience in personal injury, clinical negligence and other areas of law.
- Defendant and plaintiff experience (60 per year since 2010).
- Court experience.
- Reasonable fee structures.
- Fast turnaround times.
- Southwest based treatment.
- Home visit flexibility and clinic options.
- Neuropsychological rehabilitation provided.
- EMDR treatment provided.
- CBT treatment provided.
- Over 15 years NHS Clinical Psychology experience & post doctorate Clinical Neuropsychology training.
- Active in neuropsychological research, consultation, conference talks and University doctorate teaching.
Current appointment: Consultant Neuropsychologist & Clinical Psychologist
Qualifications: BSc Psychology & Criminology Doctorate in Clinical Psychology Post Doctorate Diploma in Clinical Neuropsychology
Key specialities: Neuropsychology, Brain injury, Psychological injury, Capacity, Criminal defence
Services offered: Expert reports, Evidence in Court, Single joint expert
Locations: Torrington, Exeter. For larger brain injury cases (nationwide home visits, including London Taunton and Midlands based clinics)